CAPOEIRA STORE - www.capoeirastore.com

Account
People Groups Forums Events Videos Sounds Photos News Tags Search  

•  

AuthorMessage
HeadSpin
HeadSpin

12.16.2010 00:18   Quote

I am from India and new to capoeira. There is no way I can get a master here. Classes are available only in Mumbai which is so far from here. I dont know where to start.There is no other way than learning online. How I go about it?

Ok, to be more specific, what I want to know is the names of the moves in an order from basic to advanced. So I will be able to practice them one by one, step by step. Currently I am learning some moves from flashmavi.com. but that is without any assistance

Danny_LC
Danny_LC

02.02.2011 21:44   Quote

As with anything.  Start b y practicing the basics.  I found a decent article about some of the basic moves, check that out: http://www.livecapoeira.com/capoeira-articles/1/the-nine-most-important-capoeira-moves.html

JessHessing1989
JessHessing1989

02.14.2011 22:39   Quote

Well thanks for the URL. Well try that sometime

Jaco
Jaco

02.21.2011 10:53   Quote

if the only way you can train capoeira is through mestre youtube, or through articles and imitation, then in reality you arent going to be able to learn capoeira.  as im sure you know capoeira, is much more then the movenments and techniques. Its the community, the axe you feel when playing another person, and the emersion into the culture of brazil through music and dance. What you have is a catch 22, ive seen very few people who have spent time with just watching videos and learning from eddy gordo really prosper, but if it is the only way to train then do your best. contact the group in mumbai and see if you can work something out with their instructor or see how many people are in your area  would seriously want an instructor and try to find one that is willing to come to you. or meet in the middle. you never know when someone is looking to be the pioneer in an area. Good luck and best wishes to your training i hope you can find something that works for you. The best start would be the jinga, negativa, and your circular kicks such are meia lua de frente, de campasso, quiexada. sorry for any misspelling i speak more portuguese then i can type.

JessHessing1989
JessHessing1989

02.22.2011 05:09   Quote

It is indeed much more than the movenments and techniques. Please try to see what I did. Check out nubrilliance and these glymetrol review . check kdc review website

timturf
timturf

04.26.2011 02:53   Quote

I should say thank you for the link.. Though they are basic movements, they're interesting as well. Might as well try these moves asap. Laughing

Fake Grass | Fake Lawn | Fake Turf

KungFuOficina
KungFuOficina

06.07.2011 18:34   Quote

@HeadSpin - I agree with what @Jaco said, and I do hope you find some people to play with.

@Danny_LC thanks for that link. Just a little point though, you'll find different groups call the same technique by different names. For example, in that link, the kick passape is called Meia Lua de Compasso by our group. Wikipedia has a list of techniques if you need a glossary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_capoeira_techniques

powerock
powerock

06.08.2011 01:47   Quote

Yo headpsin!

Where do you live?

There is an instructor in Pune as well. Also another group in Auroville. Or if you have a fair amount of students to make a group, one of us from Mumbai could make a trip down to where you are! :)

Cabeca

nersinhu
nersinhu

06.27.2011 17:24   Quote

Oh thanks for that video, really good for beginners.

Sony NX810

fredlnr
fredlnr

07.25.2011 08:46   Quote

I am from India and new to capoeira. There is no way I can get a master here. Classes are available only in Mumbai which is so far from here. I dont know where to start.There is no other way than learning online. How I go about it?

Ok, to be more specific, what I want to know is the names of the moves in an order from basic to advanced. So I will be able to practice them one by one, step by step. Currently I am learning some moves from flashmavi.com. but that is without any assistance

I just see the fact that capoeira has been so pouplar around the globe, including India. I'm also new to capoeira so this forum is so useful for those who want to mastering capoeira. cctv dome camera

Martha

08.28.2011 04:43   Quote
Info PR: 0 L: 0 Density

I just see the fact that capoeira has been so pouplar around the globe, including India. I'm also new to capoeira so this forum is so useful for those who want to mastering capoeira. cctv dome camera

Also new to capoeira and love it!

Martha

best food processor, Cuisinart 14 cup food processor

michelle22
michelle22

10.09.2011 07:28   Quote

I love Capoeira, Joan Rivers Great Hair Day, Kitchenaid 12 cup food processor, Cuisinart 7 cup food processor and more :)

michelle22
michelle22

11.19.2011 04:59   Quote

Want to know how to get thicker hair instantly?

michelle22
michelle22

01.23.2012 13:29   Quote

Thanks for the info and Bake Pops are great!!

capoeiracomgr
capoeiracomgr

02.20.2012 08:37   Quote

Hi to everyone!

Get a friend start practicing the basics!

Learn capoeira rhythms, seek for capoeira songs!

Start feeling capoeira..

Capoeira is for life! a way of living..

Have a look at my website tell me what you think :)

http://capoeira.com.gr

http://www.facebook.com/capoeiracomgr/

https://twitter.com/capoeiracomgr

© 2014 RioActive, LLC